This car was designed by the guy who also invented beer, tits and the word cool.
The '76er Roadrunner package included:
- A fire breathing V8;
- a 3-speed manual transmission;
- two spare tires......... rear tires that is;
- a back seat which had the exact measurements to fit 6 playboy pets stacked on top of each other;
- they removed the power steering (it's a real man car!);
- a piece of Chuck Norris his skin embedded in the upholstery;
- a sigarette lighter.
When you wanted to buy one of these new in 1976 you had that take an exam first, you had be able to ride a furious rodeo bull for over 15 minutes, while drinking two 6 packs of beer (no light beer was allowed). So you can imagine not many of these were sold back in the days even though demand was high.
Finaly the production of the car was canceled by the deparment of national health. The reason for this was driving a '76 roadrunner car would make you so cool that drivers started to die from hypothermia.
Another problem with the car was, it couldn't be parked in a garage. If you did try to park it indoors the building was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesomeness couldn't be contained in one building.
As President Roosevelt said: "We have nothing to fear but fear itself. And the '76 roadrunner!"